- Malpractice action. Issues concerned whether defense had established that plaintiff could not prove the favorable termination and probable cause elements.
- Biker brought action against bike manufacturer. Issue concerned forum non convenience.
- Sexual abuse action. Issue concerned sanctions imposed due to discovery dispute.
- Student sued teacher after student was injured on a field trip. Issue was whether field trip immunity applied.
- Elder abuse action. Issue concerned the statute of limitations where action was based on conviction for felony elder abuse.
- Injured tree worker brought action against homeowner. Issue was whether the peculiar risk doctrine applied.
- Property owners sued tire manufacturer after manufacturer’s dumping of hazardous materials contaminated their water supply. Issues concerned whether owners could recover emotional distress damages for their fear of cancer and the costs of future medical monitoring.
- Action against newspaper for libel. Issue was whether there was sufficient evidence of actual malice.